Explanations of our survey and our science
- Why survey a large area of the sky?
- Why go deep?
- Weak gravitational lensing: this Wikipedia article was partly written and illustrated by some of us, so we highly recommend it. If you want to go further, try LSST's cosmic shear page aimed at scientists. (LSST is a telescope optimized for surveys, based partly on our Deep Lens Survey experience.)
- Cosmic magnification
- Colliding clusters of galaxies shed light on the nature of dark matters
- Modeling colliding galaxy clusters and dark matter
- What does figure skating have to do with our survey calibration?
Press releases and press coverage
- Galaxy/dark matter offset in Musket Ball cluster covered in Wired
- Musket Ball cluster in a 60-second podcast
- An interview with Will Dawson
- Discovery of Musket Ball cluster covered in Wired
- Discovery of the Musket Ball cluster
Frequently asked questions
- Contact us if you would like your question answered here.